Does Your Logo Stand on its Own?
Getting people talking is a definite sign that your logo is working for you. But the primary objective is that it stands on its own. As the symbol of your brand, your logo should be unique, versatile and enduring. You should like it just as much in 10 years as you do today.
If you need a logo (or plan on re-branding) – Start by asking yourself these 3 questions:
- Who is buying your product? Consider your customer’s age range, profession, seniority level, etc. Ask your employees and clients for help. What are their favorite logos and why?
- What value do you provide your customers? Are you the fastest or the most accurate or the most creative? What is the leading value you provide your customers? Once you define that value, Google it. The image results will give you some great ideas for your logo.
- What sets you apart from your competitors? Look at your competitor’s logos and determine what you can do to differentiate yourself.
Things to keep in mind:
- Keep it simple. Your logo should look just as great on your business card as it does on your website. Keep it simple so it can be used across all mediums – digital and print.
- Don’t reuse images. Your logo should be new, fresh and innovative. And you certainly don’t want any copyright issues!
- Avoid clichés. A message box icon for a speaker platform or a light bulb for innovation – been there done that. You don’t want your company to come off as unimaginative. Forward thinking and innovative is right where you want to be.
- Don’t skimp on the designer. You want your logo to be clean, professional and above all – inspirational!
- Involve your internal team and your clients. Who better to help you nail down your branding than the people that work on your business day in and day out?
- Design for versatility. We recommend you design your logo in black and white first so it will look good when it’s black, color or knocked out.
If you’re looking for a creative partner to help you design your logo, call Creative MediaWorks. We’re a full-service web and graphic design agency with over 25 years of experience supporting the life sciences industry. We specialize in innovative, cutting-edge web services and creative graphic design, including: eLearning, KOL and speaker portals, event registration websites, scientific posters, branding, slide presentations, and meeting collateral. To learn more about our company, visit our website creativemediaworks.com