5 easy ways to turn your corporate newsletter into a must read
A corporate newsletter can be the perfect top-down strategy to reinforce company values with the people who are living and communicating them every day. But in some cases, it can be more difficult to get your employees to read your newsletter than getting a perfect stranger to open your marketing eblast!
With 50% of the human brain dedicated to visual functions, creative design can be a powerful tool in attracting readers and keeping them coming back issue after issue. Since corporate newsletters are internal initiatives, we understand you may want to keep costs and resources to a minimum. Here are 5 tactics that are sure to increase engagement not cost!
- Brand your newsletter – unique branding increases the likelihood that readers will recognize and open your newsletter every time they see it, which leads to increased engagement and a broader audience.
- Use photos – nothing piques a reader’s interest like a photo of themselves or someone they know. If it’s not in the budget to hire a photographer, explore internal resources. Most companies are surprised at the talent they have under their very own roofs!
- Follow a clean design template with plenty of white space – cluttered layout can overwhelm readers, making them more likely to put the newsletter on the backburner and avoid the next issue.
- Make your newsletter digital – Not only will your newsletter reach every employee, but open and click-through rates can be used to track engagement and make continuous improvements.
- Include a prominent call to action with a link to your company’s social media page in every newsletter issue. This attracts the most important social media followers…internal employees!
Need some help getting started? Creative MediaWorks helps our clients capture their employee’s attention with creative, impactful newsletters that get results. We’re a full-service web and graphic design agency with over 25 years of experience supporting the life sciences industry. We specialize in creative graphic design, including: scientific posters, branding, slide presentations, meeting collateral, eLearning, KOL and speaker portals and event registration websites. To learn more about our company, visit website creativemediaworks.com