Using ePosters to Increase Your Reach
An increasing number of life science associations are using eposters for digital scientific poster sessions. Eposter platforms increase the value of congresses for attendees, scientific poster presenters and the associations themselves.
There are countless eposter platforms on the market and associations are using them in different ways. Some associations are designating an onsite area at their congress for presenters to display their eposters on monitors. Other associations are using web-based platforms to archive the eposters in an online library that’s accessible to congress attendees and other key opinion leaders for up to one year or more.
Key features can include pan, zoom, keyword search, video or audio. Some eposter platforms are more robust with interactive features that enable presenters to engage with online visitors via email or chat. This affords presenters time and focus they may not have had during the live scientific poster sessions. So they can more effectively engage their audience and solicit feedback.
In most cases, submitting an eposter is as easy as converting the design files to a single-page, high-resolution PDF. When video and audio are offered, PowerPoint files are usually required. Be sure to get specifications from the association that is holding the congress prior to doing any design work. When dealing with strict congress deadlines and tight turnaround times you don’t want any surprises!
When contacting the association to confirm their eposter specifications, you (or your creative vendor) should ask the following questions:
- What file formats are accepted (usually PDF or PPTX)?
- What is the maximum file size?
- What fonts and font sizes are recommended for optimal viewing?
- Are there any image resolution requirements?
- If video is accepted, how many videos can be included and what is the maximum length of each video?
- What video/audio file formats are accepted?
- How should the files be transferred (email, ftp, etc.)?
- Can you review a proof prior to publishing to ensure no elements were corrupted during file submission (i.e., missing fonts, symbols, images, etc.)?
- What is the security on the Virtual Poster Hall platform? Do users need a password to gain access to the platform? Are files password protected? Can they be downloaded? Can they be locked?
Eposters are an innovative digital tool that enable scientific poster presenters to increase their reach and solicit more feedback from a broader audience. Working with a vendor who has experience with eposters helps minimize back and forth when sending files to the association and ensures your poster will display flawlessly in the Virtual Poster Hall.
Creative MediaWorks offers custom web development, graphic design and print solutions to the Life Science industry and their agencies with a focus on quality, deadline and accuracy. We achieve our quality standards through defined workflow processes, direct access to on-staff project talent, proofreading and quality assurance expertise backed by an uncompromising commitment to the most responsive customer service in the business.