Creative MediaWorks, Inc.
- We collect offline or through any other means, and
- You provide to or is collected by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Platform and Websites. These third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
2. Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Platform and Websites, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as your name, address, email address, telephone number(s), address, or any other identifier that can be used on its own or with other information to identify, contact or locate you (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as geographic location.
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Platform and Websites, and other usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you access or use the Platform and Websites.
- From our clients and third parties, including other service providers or business partners.
A. Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Platform and Websites may include:
- Name, contact information and other identifiers: Name, email address, physical address, phone number, NPI number, medical license information, social security number, and/or tax identification number.
- Employment and education information: employer name and educational degrees.
- Geolocation data: precise geographic location information about a particular individual or device.
- Financial data: bank account information.
- Other information that you provide to us by completing any forms on the Platform and Websites.
B. Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you access and use the Platform and Websites, we may use technology to automatically collect information to improve our Platform and Websites, and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Platform and Websites, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Platform and Websites, including geolocation data, length of time you visit the Platform and Websites, search activity, page views, scroll depth, click-stream information, time of visit, and logs.
C. Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser/mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your device to collect information about your usage of the Platform and Websites. We may use the information to personalize your experience while using the Platform and Websites, to recognize your device to facilitate your use of the Platform and Websites, and to improve the Platform and Websites. You can determine the way in which cookies are used by altering your browser settings. There are multiple types of cookies, including first-party cookies, third-party cookies, session cookies, and persistent cookies. First-party cookies are served directly by us. Third-party cookies are served by other companies such as data analytics companies. Cookies remain on your device for different periods of time. Session cookies expire when you close your browser. Persistent cookies remain on your device for an extended period of time. You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings (click “Help” in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions). If you do so, this may affect the functioning of the Platform and Websites.
3. How We Use Your Information
While the purposes for which we may process personal information will vary depending upon the circumstances, in general we use personal information for the purposes set forth below. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide support and services, including to operate our Platform and Websites, to respond to our client’s inquiries or complaints, to provide customer support, and to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information or express an interest.
- To contact our client’s for reasons related to the Platform and Websites (for example, to notify you about service updates or new features).
- To provide our clients with reporting, including event registration and attendance, program reconciliation, finance tracking, and speaker honoraria payments.
- For event attendee tracking (for example, to send attendees key communications, email and/or text reminders, surveys, and post-event evaluations).
- For speaker management (for example, to create and store speaker profile information).
- To contact you in response to your inquiry or requests for a demo submitted through our Websites.
- To analyze and improve our Platform and Websites, including to understand how users use our Platform and Websites, to evaluate and improve our Platform and Websites, to conduct surveys and questionnaires, and to detect, prevent, and address technical issues with the Platform and Websites.
- To defend our legal rights, including to manage and respond to actual and potential legal disputes and claims, and to otherwise establish, defend or protect our rights or interests, including in the context of anticipated or actual litigation with third parties.
- To secure and protect our business, including to protect and secure our business operations, Platform and Websites, network, and information and technology resources, and to investigate, prevent, detect and take action regarding fraud, unauthorized access, situations involving potential threats to the rights or safety of any person or third party, or other unauthorized activities or misconduct.
- For legal compliance purposes.
We may de-identify personal information and create anonymous or aggregated data sets and reports in order to assess, improve and develop our products and services, business, and for other analytics, marketing, and research purposes.
4. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose your personal information for the following reasons:
- To our clients to facilitate their management of programs or events.
- To third party service providers such as companies providing customer services, email delivery, and hosting the Platform and Websites.
- To third parties involved with events that you participate in.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For the purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To our affiliates and service providers we use to support our operations.
- To a buyer, acquiring entity, or other successor in connection with a merger, combination, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Creative MediaWorks’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Creative MediaWorks about our users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose, with your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Creative MediaWorks, our employees, or others.
We may disclose aggregated information about our Platform users and visitors of our Websites, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
5. No Collection of Information from Children
6. “Do Not Track” Signals
Our Platform and Websites do not recognize or respond to “Do Not Track” signals or browser settings. If your browser or similar mechanism gives the Platform or Websites a “Do Not Track” signal, the Platform and Websites will not honor it because of the tracking described in “Information We Collect and How We Collect It”. You should not use the Platform or Websites if you desire a “Do Not Track” signal, because the Platform and Websites will not honor it.
7. Cross-Border Transfer
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed outside your country of residence in the United States or another country that may not be regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under the data protection laws in your country of residence. There are potential risks to you associated with transferring your information to other countries due to the absence of an adequacy decision and appropriate safeguards. These risks include the risk that you will not be able to exercise your data protection rights under applicable law to protect yourself from unlawful use or disclosure of your information. The data protection and privacy laws of certain countries may not afford you the same level of protection as those in your own country. Where this is the case we will transfer the personal information where we are satisfied that there are comparable levels of protection equivalent to your country of residence by using a legitimate transfer mechanism to the extent required under applicable laws, such as pursuant to standard contractual clauses.
8. Data Security
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Platform and Websites. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Platform and Websites.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through our Platform and Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Platform and Websites.
9. Data Retention
Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
11. Contact Information